This is the Linux app named Sonic whose latest release can be downloaded as Sonicv1.4.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sonic with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Sonic is a super fast and lightweight, schema-less search backend that can be used in place of super-heavy and full-featured search backends like Elasticsearch. It is able to normalize language search queries, auto-complete search queries and offer the most relevant results. Being an identifier index rather than a document index, when queried it provides IDs that can be used to refer to matched documents in an external database.
- Search terms are stored in collections, organized in buckets
- Search results return object identifiers
- Search query typos are corrected
- Index-altering operations
- Auto-completion of any word in real-time
- Full Unicode compatibility on 80+ most spoken languages in the world
- Simple protocol (Sonic Channel)
- Easy-to-use libraries
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonic.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.