This is the Linux app named SPnKr whose latest release can be downloaded as mspawn.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SPnKr with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This program is designed to determine the correct parameters of a model atmosphere of a star through iterative refinement and measurements of spectral absorption lines.
**Correction: It appears that what I termed "iterative refinement" has already been named "Predictor-Corrector" by the Mathematical Community.**
Regrettably, this program still depends on a few other programs, namely SuperMONGO (http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~rhl/sm/sm.html though this page is fairly old, you may need to purchase SM) and MOOG (http://www.as.utexas.edu/~chris/moog.html).
The program "mspawn" is also required, I have uploaded this program seperately. To install mspawn, follow these instructions:
In order to get mspawn working correctly you must
change the mspawn72.c file that will untar to match
the location where your files are unzipped to. Then
type the command given in the .c file
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spnkr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.