This is the Linux app named STARucn to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as starucn-v1.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named STARucn to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
STARucn to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:STARucn (Simulation of Transmission, Absorption and Reflection of ultracold neutrons) is a Monte-Carlo software designed to simulate experimental setups and guides for ultra cold neutrons.
It relies heavily on CERN's ROOT packages.
Developing team :
Benoit Clément, LPSC/UJF
Damien Roulier, ILL/UJF
- Easy configuration of geometry and simualtion
- Propagation of UCN, with or without gravity
- Interaction in volumes through effective lifetime
- Interaction at surface : quantum reflection or transmission, surface losses due to absorbtion upon reflection (evanescent wave), specular and diffuse reflction
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/starucn/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.