This is the Linux app named Synapse whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.44.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Synapse with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Matrix is an ambitious new ecosystem for open federated Instant Messaging and VoIP. Everything in Matrix happens in a room. Rooms are distributed and do not exist on any single server. Rooms can be located using convenience aliases like #matrix:matrix.org or #test:localhost:8448. Synapse is currently in rapid development, but as of version 0.5 we believe it is sufficiently stable to be run as an internet-facing service for real usage! Create and manage fully distributed chat rooms with no single points of control or failure. Eventually-consistent cryptographically secure synchronization of room state across a global open network of federated servers and services. Send and receive extensible messages in a room with (optional) end-to-end encryption. Use 3rd Party IDs (3PIDs) such as email addresses, phone numbers, Facebook accounts to authenticate, identify and discover users on Matrix.
- Synapse is a reference "homeserver" implementation of Matrix from the core development team at matrix.org
- It is intended to showcase the concept of Matrix and let people see the spec in the context of a codebase
- Run your own homeserver and help bootstrap the ecosystem
- Every user runs one or more Matrix clients, which connect through to a Matrix homeserver
- There is no single point of control or mandatory service provider in Matrix
- The easiest way to try out your new Synapse installation is by connecting to it from a web client
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/synapse.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.