This is the Linux app named VideLibri whose latest release can be downloaded as videlibri-2.400.src.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VideLibri with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VideLibri lists the books you have borrowed from a public library and lets you search the library catalog from your local device.
It has all the usual features of a library OPAC, i.e. viewing, renewing, searching and ordering books. It also renews all due books automatically and can do other things only a locally running app can do, like keeping a history of all ever borrowed books across multiple libraries.
Developed in 2006, it is the world's first library app, and by supporting 20 different kinds of OPACs from different vendors, it is compatible with more libraries than any other app.
So far VideLibri has been tested with 200 libraries in Germany/Austria/Switzerland successfully, but it was designed to allow any user to add their own library without requiring any/much programming knowledge. For this any URL of any webpage can be entered in VideLibri together with an arbitrary query.
The spin-off cli-tool Xidel can run these queries on any non-library webpage.
- public library
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), Command-line
Lazarus, Free Pascal, Project is a programming language
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/videlibri/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.