This is the Linux app named XML2CSV-Generic-Converter whose latest release can be downloaded as XML2CSVGenericConverter_V1.0.0-src.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named XML2CSV-Generic-Converter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Java XML to CSV (XML2CSV) generic conversion facility.
Flattens one or more similar XML files into CSV projections.
I made it in order to extract data from big XML files and gather them in files more easily opened with a spreadsheet because I didn't find anything adapted to my needs over the Internet when I needed to (Java + truly generic + self-contained algorithm + Unix like command line options + efficiency).
It is packaged as an auto executable Jar for convenient command line execution but might as well be interfaced directly by a Java class as part of a broader [yet non commercial] software.
It handles attributes, repeated elements, and so on, and produces results which level up with what spreadsheets generate when they import native XML (at least in its most extensive execution mode).
Please refer to the documentation for further details (PDF doc, Open Office Writer doc, and API doc).
This free software is released under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3.
Advanced End Users, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xml2csvgenericconverter/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.