This is the Windows app named Acrylic DNS Proxy whose latest release can be downloaded as Acrylic.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Acrylic DNS Proxy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Acrylic DNS Proxy
Acrylic is a local DNS proxy for Windows which improves the performance of your computer by caching the responses coming from your DNS servers and helps you fight unwanted ads through the use of a custom HOSTS file (optimized for handling hundreds of thousands of domain names) with support for wildcards and regular expressions.
When you browse a web page a portion of the loading time is dedicated to name resolution while the rest is dedicated to the transfer of the web page contents. What Acrylic does is to reduce the time dedicated to name resolution for frequently visited addresses closest to zero possible. Furthermore Acrylic's sliding expiration caching mechanism and DNS silent updates are able to improve the browsing experience independently of the browser.
With Acrylic you can also gracefully overcome downtimes of your DNS servers without disrupting your work, because in that case you will at least be able to connect to your favourite websites and to your email server.
- DNS caching
- Custom HOSTS file with support for wildcards and regular expressions
- Support for DNS-over-HTTPS
- Support for SOCKS 5 proxies
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/acrylic/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.