This is the Windows app named AGLAEMap whose latest release can be downloaded as AGLAEMAP_5.0.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AGLAEMap with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The proper way to quote AGLAEMap is:
Programs for visualization, handling and quantification of PIXE maps at the AGLAE facility
L. Pichon, T. Calligaro, Q. Lemasson, B. Moignard, C. Pacheco
Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B, Volume 363, 15 November 2015, Pages 48-54
Due to the copyright transfer to the publisher, the online availability of the article will depend on your subscription to ScienceDirect.
The abstract should be available in any case.
This software read Esrf Data Format (EDF) files
It has been developed to handle on a large number of detectors and series of maps. Its
interface allows to easily pass from a detector to another and from an analysis to another. Elemental mapping is achieved by selecting a region of interest in the spectra and the corresponding picture can be saved.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/aglaemap/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.