This is the Windows app named Aseprite whose latest release can be downloaded as Aseprite-v1.2.29-Source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Aseprite with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Aseprite is a program to create animated sprites. Sprites are composed of layers & frames as separated concepts. Support for color profiles and different color modes: RGBA, Indexed (palettes up to 256 colors), Grayscale. Animation facilities, with real-time preview and onion skinning. Copy & paste. Drag & drop. Resize palette. Palette entries with alpha value. Select color harmonies. Create light and shadows with the shading ink. Create perfect strokes for pixel-art. Avoid extreme pixel distortions when rotating tiny sprites. Create patterns repeating the image in a 3x3 grid. Create custom brushes for dithering. Composite layers to create color effects. Open or save a sequence of images. Create animations and save them as .gif files. Export your work to sprite sheets in .png and .json files. Recovery your sprites in case of crash. Integrate Aseprite in your assets pipeline with the command-line interface (CLI). Store several animations in one texture atlas.
- Create, copy, move, drag & drop layers
- Create, copy, move, link, drag & drop frames or cels
- Include several animations in the same file tagging sections.
- Loop a section in forward, reverse, ping-pong modes. Change preview speed
- See other frames as reference to animate
- Choose different onion skin modes
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/aseprite.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.