This is the Windows app named AviTab whose latest release can be downloaded as AviTab0.4.8.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AviTab with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
AviTab is a plugin for the X-Plane flight simulator. It displays a tablet-like computer with a few apps in the cockpit. It is mainly used for flying in virtual reality. When flying in a simulator, one often needs to look up details in PDF charts, plane manuals, checklists or other documents. Using a PDF reader breaks the immersion because the virtual aviator either has to take off of their HMD or use other tools that can move windows into VR. AviTab tries to solve this problem by offering a PDF reader inside a native plugin for X-Plane. Using a plugin also opens possibilities for more apps inside the tablet, for example, to display information about the plane status or aid in navigation. When hovering over the edges of the tablet from a short distance, X-Plane will display green bars around the tablet. The upper bar can be used to grab the window and move it around inside the cockpit.
- Plugin for the X-Plane flight simulator
- It displays a tablet like computer with a few apps in the cockpit
- Mainly used for flying in virtual reality
- Offers a PDF reader inside a native plugin for X-Plane
- The charts viewer displays PDF files inside the charts/ subdirectory of the plugin/ directoy
- Windows, Linux, and macOS are supported
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/avitab.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.