This is the Windows app named AWS IoT Over-the-air Update Library whose latest release can be downloaded as ota-for-aws-iot-embedded-sdk-v3.4.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AWS IoT Over-the-air Update Library with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
AWS IoT Over-the-air Update Library
The OTA library enables you to manage the notification of a newly available update, download the update, and perform cryptographic verification of the firmware update. Using the library, you can logically separate firmware updates from the application running on your devices. The OTA library can share a network connection with the application, saving memory in resource-constrained devices. In addition, the OTA library lets you define application-specific logic for testing, committing, or rolling back a firmware update. The library supports different application protocols like Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and provides various configuration options you can fine-tune depending on network type and conditions. This library is distributed under the MIT Open Source License. This library has gone through code quality checks including verification that no function has a GNU Complexity score over 8.
- This library has also undergone static code analysis from Coverity static analysis
- AWS IoT Over-the-air Update Library v3.3.0 source code is part of the FreeRTOS 202012.01 LTS release
- The AWS IoT Over-the-air Updates library exposes configuration macros that are required for building the library
- To provide custom values for the configuration macros, a custom config file named ota_config.h can be provided
- By default, a ota_config.h custom config is required to build the library
- To build unit tests, the submodule dependency of CMock is required
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/aws-iot-otair-updat-lib.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.