This is the Windows app named belofte chess whose latest release can be downloaded as belofte-2.1.4.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named belofte chess with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A console/text based chess program with XBoard/CECP and UCI API, available on all major platforms. You may need a graphical chess interface to use it. Please refer to README.md in the files section for installation instructions.
The last stable release is 2.1.4 and has been released on 11/11/2021. The development release has been updated on 11/11/2021.
Belofte 0.2.0 till 0.9.20 (c/c++): Xboard 1 & 2 (CECP) - Linux/Unix/(Windows)
Belofte 2.1.1 and up (c++11) : UCI and Xboard 2 - Linux/Windows/Mac/Android/...
For access to code, please clone the git repository. Compiles and Runs on 32/64 bit on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android (ARM/x86) and Raspberry. Released under GNU v2 license. (means free to copy, free to modify, free to use, ...)
Works fine with Arena/Cutechess/BanksiaGui/Winboard/Xboard/...
- artificial intelligence
Information Technology, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, Developers
Console/Terminal, Command-line, Plugins, Other toolkit
Unix Shell, C++, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/belofte/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.