This is the Windows app named Braille-s Software whose latest release can be downloaded as Braille-sEnglish.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Braille-s Software with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
I have created this text editor to help blind people to write whatever they want in text using Braille. As a teacher i decided that it would be good to learn Braille. When i started i came up with this idea. Firstly this was only a text editor but now i have impove it so it has triple use :
1. It is a text editor for Blind people
2. It helps blind children to familiarize themselves with computer
3. It has a grafical interface so this can be used by anyone who know Braille (and not only them cause the software comes with a reference to letters, symbols and numbers in Braille). It is a really good for practice.
- Vocal Instructions
- With this software blind people can write iimmediately in text, they can save it and then share it. This file can be used by anyone and opened it by popular text editors (such as word).
- It really helps the blind children to familirize themselves with computer cause it uses the most of the keyboard. It is really useful while it has vocal instructons for all the interface (that was the original purpose)
- Last but not least it can be used by anyone to practice on Braille and it is a portable software that can be used anytime, anywhere.
- Currently there are translations for Greek, English and Turkish. I am working on Russian, Bulgarian, German.
- I will be happy to make translaton in other languages, but i need your help by translating the below files : braille-s.org/index.php?option=com_ckforms&view=ckforms&id=3&Itemid=7
Non-Profit Organizations, Science/Research, Education
Win32 (MS Windows), Windows Aero
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/brailles/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.