This is the Windows app named Camera Life whose latest release can be downloaded as cameralife-2.6.4b1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Camera Life with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Run your own photo website. Camera Life is PHP software you can run to show your photos on your own website. Camera Life is easy to setup and customize if want to blend it in with the rest of your site.
- Users can upload photos using an upload web form, FTP access, iPhoto export, iPhone app, Mac/Windows/Linux software, digikam, or any other product that supports the Gallery Remote protocol.
- Photos are organized heirarichally (by folders) and by albums and topics (sort of like what other people call keywords/tags).
- Camera Life can host photos saved on Amazon S3, a remote FTP/SFTP server, rsync.net (using the 'remote' module and SFTP connection), or a Flickr account.
- The HTML interface is themable, but includes out-of-the-box support for a custom iPhone/iPod theme, pretty URLs, AJAX (that falls back without JS), OpenSearch, and RSS.
- If someone accesses your site and changes all the photo descriptions or adds lame comments, you can easily go into the administrator page and revert it.
Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fdcl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.