This is the Windows app named ChordEase whose latest release can be downloaded as chordease-1.0.14.000-bin-x64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ChordEase with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ChordEase makes it easier to improvise over complicated chord progressions. No matter what the chords are, you can play as if they were all in the key of C. You don't need to play sharps or flats, because ChordEase automatically adds them for you. Though ChordEase is intended for jazz, it could be useful for any type of music that modulates frequently. ChordEase alters your notes in real time in order to make them harmonically correct, while preserving their rhythm and dynamics. By delegating rapid music theory calculations to ChordEase, you gain freedom to concentrate on other aspects of improvisation and performance, such as feel and aesthetics.
ChordEase is a translator that takes MIDI notes as input, and produces MIDI notes as output. The input notes are mapped to the current chord scale in various ways, so that the output notes fit the chord progression of a song. Multiple performers can play through a single instance of ChordEase, using any number of MIDI instruments.
Education, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows), Windows Aero
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/chordease/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.