This is the Windows app named CiteSpace whose latest release can be downloaded as 5.8.R3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CiteSpace with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Visit the new site: https://citespace.podia.com
CiteSpace generates interactive visualizations of structural and temporal patterns and trends of a scientific field. It facilitates a systematic review of a knowledge domain through an in-depth visual analytic process. It can process citation data from popular sources such as the Web of Science, Scopus, Dimensions, and the Lens. CiteSpace also supports basic visual analytic functions for datasets without citation-related information, for example, PubMed, CNKI, ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. CiteSpace reveals how a field of research has evolved, what intellectual turning points are evident along a critical path, and what topics have attracted attention. CiteSpace can be applied repeatedly so as to track the development of a field closely and extensively.
The e-book How to Use CiteSpace explains the design principles and functions along with illustrative examples in more detail:
- Visual exploration of a research field
- Structural and temporal overview
- Finding hottopics and emerging trends
- Cascading citation expansion
- Systematic visual analysis of scientific literature
- Intellectual landscape of a knowledge domain
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/citespace/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.