This is the Windows app named CostPal whose latest release can be downloaded as CostPal_v0.9.6.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CostPal with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
CostPal is an application for managing your expenses, incomes and other events. CostPal is free, open-source and written in python.
The current version supports only Windows, comes as portable package and was tested on Windows7 (64bit) and WindowsXP (32bit).
This application is distributed under GNU GPL version 2 license.
CostPal Mobile is an additional application for your smartphone to interoperate with CostPal on your PC (currently available only for Android OS).
With it's smooth intuitive interface (and by using it every day) you can spend minimum time required for tracking your personal expenses (less than 5 minutes a day!).
It's purpose is to act as a scratchpad, not a standalone application for managing personal finance - for that you have CostPal.
Currently only Dropbox is supported as a cloud storage used for data exchange.
- unique design and efficient ui widgets
- flexibility and simplicity
- import of CSV files (with bank account transactions history)
- import of draft expenses thru Dropbox (using CostPal Mobile thin client)
- comes with useful example databases
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/costpal/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.