This is the Windows app named dirsynch whose latest release can be downloaded as dirsynch-1.6.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named dirsynch with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DirSynch is a bidirectional directory synchronizing software. It helps you to discover the status of each file in both directories: if it's only in one of them, if it's newer in one than in the other, or if they are simply equal. It also support file content comparison using a hash function, although it's very time consuming. After letting you to choose which files do you want to synchronize, it performs the right operations to make both directories equal (or not, if you want it different). The program can create a backup of the files before overwriting them.
- file comparison
- directory comparison
- files hash signature
- graphic user interface
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dirsynch/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.