This is the Windows app named DropIt whose latest release can be downloaded as DropIt_v8.3_Setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DropIt with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
When you need to organize files, DropIt can eliminate much of the drudgery of searching and manually opening folders and moving files around.
Drop a group of different files and folders on the floating DropIt image and it sorts them to defined destination folders, compresses or extracts them, opens them with associated programs or performs other defined actions.
You can define how filter your files (by name, directory, size, date, properties, content or regular expressions) and associate one of the 21 available actions to perform (Move, Copy, Compress, Extract, Rename, Delete, Split, Join, Encrypt, Decrypt, Open With, Print, Upload, Send by Mail, Create Gallery, Create List, Create Playlist, Create Shortcut, Copy to Clipboard, Change Properties and Ignore). You can also organize your associations in profiles and automatically scan monitored folders at a defined time interval.
- Drag-and-Drop: process files and folders simply dropping them on the target image
- Filter Files & Folders: by name, directory, size, dates, properties, content or regular expressions
- Folder Monitoring: process files and folders automatically monitoring defined directories
- 21 Actions: Move, Copy, Compress, Extract, Rename, Delete, Split, Join, Encrypt, Decrypt, Open With, Print, Upload, Send by Mail, Create Gallery, Create List, Create Playlist, Create Shortcut, Copy to Clipboard, Change Properties, Ignore
- Profiles: collect associations in different profiles and assign an image to each profile to easily recognize it
- Comprehensive Path Support: support absolute paths, relative paths, UNC paths for shared folders
- Abbreviations: support internal, custom and system environment variables
- Alternative Usages: support SendTo and Command-Line to process files and folders
- Multi-language: available with multi-language interface
- Profile Encryption: support encryption to protect your profiles with a password
- Activity Log: support log file creation to verify sorting operations
- Automatic Update: support automatic software update
- Unicode: support for Unicode encoding
- Optimized Versions: available in both installer and portable versions for 32/64-bit Windows
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop, Management
Win32 (MS Windows), Windows Aero
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dropit/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.