This is the Windows app named HeatmapGenerator whose latest release can be downloaded as HeatmapGenerator5_MacOSX.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named HeatmapGenerator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
HeatmapGenerator is a graphical user interface software program written in C++, R, and OpenGL to create customized gene expression heatmaps from RNA-seq and microarray data in medical research. HeatmapGenerator can also be used to make heatmaps in a variety of other non-medical fields.
HeatmapGenerator is peer-reviewed published software (http://www.scfbm.org/content/9/1/30). Please cite: [Khomtchouk et al.: "HeatmapGenerator: High performance RNAseq and microarray visualization software suite to examine differential gene expression levels using an R and C++ hybrid computational pipeline." Source Code for Biology and Medicine, 2014 9:30]
HeatmapGenerator source code is available at: https://github.com/Bohdan-Khomtchouk/HeatmapGenerator
Bohdan Khomtchouk wishes to acknowledge the support of the Department of Defense (DoD) through the National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate Fellowship (NDSEG) Program.
HeatmapGenerator is released under the GNU GPL.
- C++ programming language
- R programming language
- FLTK graphical user interface
- OpenGL: The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics
OpenGL, FLTK, Carbon (Mac OS X)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/heatmapgenerator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.