This is the Windows app named Icarus Scene Engine to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Icarus3.1-Release.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Icarus Scene Engine to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Icarus Scene Engine to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Icarus Scene Engine is a cross-platform, CLS-compliant 3D framework, integrating open source APIs into a cohesive all-open-source, all .NET solution. For Windows, MacOSX & Linux.
Uses OpenTK, OpenGL, OpenAL APIs for graphics and audio. Runs on Mono/.NET. Links to FFMpeg for streaming video, and FreeType as a temporary conversion mod to bring fonts into a native XML format.
Binary builds of Icarus will be infrequent, roughly every 18 months or so, the GIT code updates regularly on a weekly or twice-weekly basis (or faster if there are urgent issues).
- Dynamic shader generation based on materials, material layers, lighting, shadows, normal mapping and post effects
- Animatable Lighting, Cameras, Lenses, Scenes.
- Multi-threading. Background loading of all resources, inc. models, textures, audio
- Shared resource ".scenex" XML-based files for textures, models, materials, scene definition etc.. etc..
- Native .NET Physics simulations, based on ODE,converted and streamlined. Background-threaded, with built in synchronisation to 3D models and any other scene object.
- Native .NET OGG and WAV support, with background thread audio processing/streaming
- 3D Positional Audio based on OpenAL.
- 3D Models, importing from 3DS and OBJ files
- Terrain from Textures and raw heightfield data
- Themable User Interface controls, fully animatable, with nested parent/child as well as docking and/or anchoring to 9 points around the parent UI element with spacing and padding properties
- Binary-compatible across MacOSX, Windows, Linux.
- Scene Management. Scenes within Scenes, Parallel Scenes
- Full Animation Track, Time Dilation on any Track
- Double/Single floating point accuracy versions.
- Automatic selection of VBO, Display Lists, Immediate Mode, depending on underlying rendering platform capabilities and/or dynamic nature of rendering.
- Dynamic LOD geometric texturable shapes including: spheres, torus, cylinders, capsules, tubules
- Native in-engine Collision Rays, projection and unprojection, including ray projection into geometry triangles, triangle texture coordinates and onwards into the sub-scene that generated the texture.
- Easy Surface generation (Frame Buffers) for depth and/or color rendering of Scenes
- Cross-platform Font consistency.
- Decoding/Encoding Video Streams
- CLS-Compliant for VB and other .NET language use
- DXT texture compression support
- Custom XML loading for large (>10Mb) XML files containing high definition models & textures. e.g. 100Mb single model size
- 6 default coordinate primitives, vector, euler (vec+angles), matrix, trajectory, position /rotation (vector & matrix), and Composite coordinates (arrays of primitives), can be set on any object
.NET/Mono, OpenGL, Handheld/Mobile/PDA, Project is a 3D engine, Web-based, Plugins
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/icarus/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.