This is the Windows app named Informatica DBMetadata whose latest release can be downloaded as dbmetadata.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Informatica DBMetadata with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Dbmetadata is a Java utility that reads the metadata from table(s) in a specified database and creates the Informatica XML to import into the repository. I created this utility when we were migrating to a new platform and needed a quick way to create flatfile and relational sources and targets that matched the DDL of the table. I also needed to use shortcuts. If you use the import table list, it will create one XML file with all of the tables and shortcuts (if a shortcut folder is specified) for the requested output type and database/file type.
- Bulk creation of Informatica sources and targets using import file
- Ability to creat shortcuts at creation
- Platform independent.
- Import from JDBC databases and ODBC
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/infadbmetadata/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.