This is the Windows app named Itilect FTP Proxy whose latest release can be downloaded as FTPProxy-1.4.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Itilect FTP Proxy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Itilect FTP Proxy
This tool allows you to set proxied access for your users, using predefined FTP accounts.
System works like this:
Users connects to FTP proxy just like they do with a regular FTP, but using specially formed string as a username (string, that includes their internal profile name and desired target FTP) and their internal password. If they are allowed to access this host, proxy will establish connection with a target FTP and authenticate using real credentials. After that, server will act as a proxy between user and target FTP, forwarding requests back and forth.
- Grant the FTP access without revealing real password
- Dynamically change user's allowed FTP accounts
- Individual FTP command watchlist for both user profiles and FTP accounts
- Integerated GUI
- Flexible role system
- Active Directory/LDAP integration
Information Technology, System Administrators, Security Professionals, Management
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/itilectftpproxy/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.