This is the Windows app named MARC Library ( SobekCM ) whose latest release can be downloaded as SobekCM_Marc_Library.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MARC Library ( SobekCM ) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MARC Library ( SobekCM )
This is a C# library which contains classes for working in memory with MARC records ( http://www.loc.gov/marc/ ). This allows records to be read from MarcXML and Marc21 formats. Once in memory any field or subfield can be edited, added, or deleted. Then the record can be queried or saved again in either a MarcXML or Marc21 file format.
In addition, version 1.1 includes Z39.50 capability and auto-translation from the most common MARC8 characters into Unicode.
- Ability to read MARC records into memory from a Marc21 or MarcXML file or stream
- Ability to manipulate the MARC record in memory
- Ability to save the record to a Marc21 or MarcXML file
- Z39.50 support for retrieving MARC records from Z39.50 servers by control number
- Auto-translation of the most common MARC8 combinatorial characters to unicode
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/marclibrary/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.