This is the Windows app named MISSy whose latest release can be downloaded as Version0.4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MISSy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MISSy is a Management Information System for Schools that allows them to centrally manage information related to staff and students. It is designed to be used by schools of any size or age groups.
MISSy will have the folowing features:
* Manage information about students
* Allow for staff to view information about students
* Allow for staff to complete registers
* Allow viewing of subject reports for students
* Integrate with a current LDAP / AD domain to ensure that details are kept constant across systems
* Allow parents to log in to view and update information about their children / contact information
* ... and many more to be planned!
The name is stylised as MISSy, as the nick-name of the project is 'little MISSy'. This is due to the fact that developer builds may not play nice, which young children are also know to do.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/missy/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.