This is the Windows app named Monitor Profile Switcher whose latest release can be downloaded as MonitorProfileSwitcher_v0700.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Monitor Profile Switcher with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Monitor Profile Switcher
Save monitor configurations of Windows 7 or 10 and easily switch between them with a click in a popup menu of your taskbar.
The tool is designed for users with two or more monitors who in certain situations would like to quickly change their monitor setup (e.g. enable/disable a TV which is attached to the HDMI port, make an attached TV the primary display to remove tearing switch which monitor is on the left/right...). Along the monitor state and setup the resolution is also saved and restored.
The program works by saving a current monitor setup as configured using the windows control panel to an xml file. Once saved the configuration can be quickly restored at any time. Requires .NET 4.0 Framework to be installed.
The program is quite simple and in an early development stage. It is provided without any warranty. If you accidentally disable all your monitors boot into safe mode to fix the problem.
If you like the program say thanks by clicking the Donation link in the menu!
- Quickly change monitor configurations
- Monitor resolutions and setup/state (left, right, extended, disabled) is restored
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.