This is the Windows app named NSIS: Nullsoft Scriptable Install System whose latest release can be downloaded as nsis-3.05-src.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NSIS: Nullsoft Scriptable Install System with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
NSIS: Nullsoft Scriptable Install System
DESCRIPTIONNSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of succesful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
- Tiny overhead (less than 40kb)
- Powerful scripting language
- Unique compression options (zlib, bzip2, lzma)
- Lots of plug-ins
- Multiple language options
Information Technology, System Administrators, Developers
Win32 (MS Windows), Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.