This is the Windows app named OCSP Evaluator whose latest release can be downloaded as ocsp_evaluator-0.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OCSP Evaluator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
It is WebExtension for browser that performs an OCSP request to obtain the revocation status of all used SSL certificates on the currently visited website.
Due to restrictions in the browser APIs the OCSP request cannot be performed by the browser itself.
Therefore the request is done on a server which provides a simple [REST Api](https://ocspchecker.com/) to trigger the OCSP Request and retrieve the results.
The only information passed to the server is the domain (not the entire URL).
- The results of the OCSP request (plus some basic certificate information) is displayed in a popup when clicking the WebExtension's icon in the browser's menu bar.
- If one of the certificates is revoked the WebExtension displays an error page (or only warning if changed in settings).
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocsp-evaluator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.