This is the Windows app named ParallelSim to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as ParallelSim-src.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ParallelSim to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ParallelSim to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:ParallelSim is a parallel processor simulator written in Java which shows the effect of increasing the workload keeping the number of processing elements constant in one simulation. The number of processors is scalable and can be increased in subsequent iterations of simulation. The parameters like initial load, load offset, number of processors are declared as constants and can be changed directly in the source code to emulate different scenarios. It is also capable of plotting a graph at the end of each simulation to give an overview of how the simulation went. The output of simulation will vary from machine to machine depending upon the underlying hardware, for e.g., the timings will be different on a dual core and a quad core processor. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any suggestions or queries.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/parallelsim/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.