This is the Windows app named pre-commit whose latest release can be downloaded as pre-commitv2.15.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pre-commit with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Git hook scripts are useful for identifying simple issues before submission to code review. We run our hooks on every commit to automatically point out issues in code such as missing semicolons, trailing whitespace, and debug statements. By pointing these issues out before code review, this allows a code reviewer to focus on the architecture of a change while not wasting time with trivial style nitpicks. As we created more libraries and projects we recognized that sharing our pre-commit hooks across projects is painful. We copied and pasted unwieldy bash scripts from project to project and had to manually change the hooks to work for different project structures. We believe that you should always use the best industry standard linters. Some of the best linters are written in languages that you do not use in your project or have installed on your machine.
- We built pre-commit to solve our hook issues
- It is a multi-language package manager for pre-commit hooks
- You specify a list of hooks you want and pre-commit manages the installation and execution
- pre-commit is specifically designed to not require root access
- pre-commit automatically handles downloading and building node to run eslint without root
- Focus on the architecture of a change while not wasting time with trivial operations
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pre-commit.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.