This is the Windows app named quake2xp whose latest release can be downloaded as qrad3.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named quake2xp with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
QuakeIIxp is a multi-platform (windows, linux and freeBSD (experemental)) graphics port of the game Quake II developed by Id Software. Completely updated rendering takes full advantage of the latest graphics cards to get the perfect picture, preserving the original style of the game.
- Real time per-pixel lighting and shadowing (like DooM3) with hi quality parallax mapping (relief mapping technology)
- Oren-Nayar Diffuse with GGX Specular BRDF, Phong, Lambert and Sub-Surface Scattering lighting models
- SLI friendly
- Cubemaps and caustic light filters
- Light coronas
- Editable GLSL shaders
- 2d lighting for hud digits, console background and menu tags
- In-game light editor
- Advanced decal and particle system (infinity decals and soft particles)
- Md3 model format support (with out tags, no q3 player models support!!!)
- Reflection (screen space local reflection) and refraction surfaces
- Radiosity normal mapping with high resolution lightmaps
- sRGB render buffer
- Postrocessing effects - FXAA 3.11, Bloom, Depth of Field, Radial Blur, Thermal Vision, Film Grain, Brightness/Contrast/Saturation, Motion Blur, SSAO, Scanline and mediam cinematic filters
- Raw mouse input (windows only)
- xBox360 controller support (windows only)
- OpenAL 3d audio engine with EFX (high-quality environmental audio sound effects both win and linux)
- Playing OGG and WAV music tracks from the hdd
- Native support for the Reckoning mp and Rogue. All other addons and mods supported in compatibility mode
- Self shadowing parallax
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/quake2xp/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.