This is the Windows app named Quoter whose latest release can be downloaded as quoter.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Quoter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Quoter is a small command line tool to fetch stock quotes. In order to minimize HTML scraping, it retrieves quotes from IEXCloud. You can signup for free and get 500k stock quotes per month. Please check their usage agreements prior to signing up and ensure you are allowed to user their service.
After getting an account, log into the dashboard and you can see your API tokens. You'll need the secret token to use this program. The secret key starts with sk_
This is a single executable JAR file. While you will need Java installed, there is no need to install this program. Just download the JAR file, place it somewhere convenient, and execute it from the command line:
java -jar quoter.jar
See Homepage for detailed usage instructions
- Command Line
- Single File Executable
- Written in Java - should run anywhere
- IEXCloud.io free or paid account needed
- 3 month stock trend
- Detailed stock information
- Saved favorites
- Export capabilities
- Stock quotes and indexes
Financial and Insurance Industry, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/quoter-fross/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.