This is the Windows app named Scrapy whose latest release can be downloaded as 2.11.0sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Scrapy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Scrapy is a fast, open source, high-level framework for crawling websites and extracting structured data from these websites. Portable and written in Python, it can run on Windows, Linux, macOS and BSD.
Scrapy is powerful, fast and simple, and also easily extensible. Simply write the rules to extract the data, and add new functionality if you wish without having to touch the core. Scrapy does the rest, and can be used in a number of applications. It can be used for data mining, monitoring and automated testing.
- Built-in support for the selection and extraction of data from HTML/XML sources through extended XPath expressions and CSS selectors, with helper methods for extracting using regular expressions
- Interactive shell console for using CSS and XPath expressions to scrape data
- Built-in support for generating feed exports in several different formats (JSON, XML, CSV) and their storage in various backends (S3, FTP, local filesystem)
- Support for encoding and auto-detection
- Strong extensibility support
- Plenty of built-in extensions and middlewares for cookies and session handling, robots.txt, crawl depth restriction and more
- Telnet console to hook into a Python console running inside your Scrapy process
- Reusable spiders, media pipeline, caching DNS resolver and more
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scrapy.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.