This is the Windows app named Serf whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.10.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Serf with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Serf is a decentralized solution for service discovery and orchestration that is lightweight, highly available, and fault tolerant. Serf runs on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. An efficient and lightweight gossip protocol is used to communicate with other nodes. Serf can detect node failures and notify the rest of the cluster. An event system is built on top of Serf, letting you use Serf's gossip protocol to propagate events such as deploys, configuration changes, etc. Serf is completely masterless with no single point of failure. Serf is first and foremost a library with a command-line interface, serf. The Serf library is independent of the command line agent, serf. The serf binary is located under cmd/serf and can be installed stand alone by issuing the command go get -u github.com/hashicorp/serf/cmd/serf.
- Discovering web servers and automatically adding them to a load balancer
- Organizing many memcached or redis nodes into a cluster, perhaps with something like twemproxy or maybe just configuring an application with the address of all the nodes
- Triggering web deploys using the event system built on top of Serf
- Propagating changes to configuration to relevant nodes
- Updating DNS records to reflect cluster changes as they occur
- Full, comprehensive documentation is viewable on the Serf website
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/serf.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.