This is the Windows app named Stemmer Gujarati to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as stemmer.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Stemmer Gujarati to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Stemmer Gujarati to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:This is a Gujarati stemmer in Java. Stemming is a process in which affixes are removed form the root word (stem). It relates morphological variant words to corresponding common root. For example "પ્રતિઉપયોગી" is word which has stem " ઉપયોગ". Stemmers are language specific tools. The design of a stemming algorithm requires a significant level of linguistic expertise. There has been lot of significant work in the development and evaluation of stemmer for non-Indian languages, but very less or no significant work has been done on Indian front especially for Gujarati language.The code of this stemmer is based on algorithm designed under guidance of Prof. Nikita Desai, India. It takes input file of type .txt containing Gujarati text encoded as UTF-8 and then removes stop words which are unessential. After processing rest of the words, it outputs corresponding file containing all stem words plus other details.
- Offline stemmer for Gujarati language which is one of Indo-Aryan language used in India.
- Separate class to check for prefix, suffix, substitution & for dictionary check.
- Can take any file containing Gujarati text & generate output file with stem words for each word in input file.
- Stop words which don't have much contribution in any language processing or information retrieval task, all removed in preprocessing & then stemmer algorithm is applied on remaining words.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/stemmergujarati/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.