This is the Windows app named StyxTorrent whose latest release can be downloaded as StyxTorrentProject.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named StyxTorrent with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
StyxTorrent is a BitTorrent client. A BitTorrent client is application that manages uploading and downloading of a torrent by following BitTorrent protocol, which is a peer to peer file sharing protocol used for distributing data of all size over internet. Besides basic operations of uploading and downloading some clients provide option to create torrent file on client system, so does StyxTorrent.StyxTorrent uses library named libtorrent (Arvid Norberg, Rasterbar Software) and Boost (Boost.org) to implement BitTorrent protocol which was very helpful as it reduced the development time and gave some air to work on BitTorrent client logic. Libtorrent & Boost are written in c++ and so is StyxTorrent. To be specific StyxTorrent in written in MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) and ATL (Active Template Library) which fall under Visual C++. MFC provides easy access to Windows API and some of wonderful features provided by Windows Operating System. Visual Studio 2008 was used as IDE .
- Use of libtorrent and Boost Libraries
- MFC Application
- Download , Create and Upload Torrents
- Beta Stage
Non-Profit Organizations, Information Technology, Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Testers
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/styxtorrent/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.