This is the Windows app named Subtitle Workshop whose latest release can be downloaded as SubtitleWorkshop_6.0b_131121_installer.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Subtitle Workshop with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Subtitle Workshop is a free application for creating, editing, and converting text-based subtitle files. It supports all the subtitle formats you need and has all the features you would want.
- Supports converting between, creating, opening, editing, and saving over 60 (currently) subtitle formats via the Subtitle API library, as well as saving subtitles in a custom user-defined file format.
- User-friendly, multi-language, customizable interface (including customizable shortcuts and translation mode).
- Vast array of customizable tools and functions for automatic timing and text manipulations, including automatic durations, smart line adjusting, spell checking, FPS conversion, search and replace, and many more.
- Comprehensive customizable system for automatically or manually detecting, marking, and fixing various timing and text subtitle errors.
- Supports style tags (bold, italic, underline) and color tags in the subtitle text -- including full tags support for multiple tags in a single subtitle.
- Supports displaying and manipulating the timing pauses (the time gap between two subtitles) and offers a CpS (Characters per Second) system.
- Multi-level Undo-Redo system.
- Integrated video player with customizable subtitles preview and full screen mode that would play any video or audio format the system has codecs installed for.
- Offers various statistics about the subtitle file, including custom statistics based on user-defined rules about the timing or the text.
- Supports the usage of external Pascal scripts, as well as find-and-replace text scripts (called OCR Scripts).
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/subworkshop/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.