This is the Windows app named The Magda language whose latest release can be downloaded as MAGDA_mtj_r12_12_02_2014.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named The Magda language with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The Magda language
Magda is a programming language introduced in Jarek Kusmierek's PhD (http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~jdk/mixiny.pdf) and continued in Mauro Mulatero's thesis (http://www.tesionline.it/default/tesi.asp?idt=45612).
Magda's goal is to allow a programmer to write well-modularized, reusable code.
Magda is based upon the core notion of mixin as the only unit of reuse. The power of modularization of mixins is enhanced by two unique features.
The first feature is the modularization of constructors. In Magda, many mixins with independent definitions of constructors can be combined without the need to copy any code and without the risk of clashes.
The second distinctive feature modifies the way declarations of new methods, overriding methods, and method calls are done, in order to rule out accidental name clashes, even with respect to future modifications of the code.
Samples written in Magda language, together with an IDE (by Marco Naddeo), are available in the download.
Information Technology, Science/Research, Developers
Project is a programming language
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/magdalanguage/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.