This is the Windows app named TRAK for Visio whose latest release can be downloaded as trakforvisio.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TRAK for Visio with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
TRAK for Visio
A Visio stencil that provides the elements and connectors in the TRAK metamodel and allows you to create TRAK architecture views.
With thanks to Nic Plum for the latest revision.
TRAK is an ISO/IEC 42010:2011-compliant open-source architecture framework for enterprise architecture modelling / architecture description in all domains.
TRAK is specified in three parts and is available at:
Links to other implementations:
* http://mdgfortrak.sourceforge.net [Enterprise Architect MDG]
* http://trakomnigraffle.sourceforge.net [OmniGraffle template]
* http://trakumlprofile.sourceforge.net [UML profile]
* http://sourceforge.net/projects/trakmoodtemp [MooD template]
- single Visio stencil contains all TRAK elements and connectors to create TRAK architecture description views
- shape data implements TRAK element attributes and stores additional information and provides consistent import / export path for other tools (e.g. Excel or modelling tools) to help exchange / collaboration
- each object in stencil displays TRAK definition on placing mouse over object
- objects in your architecture view will display description (from shape data) on placing mouse over object
- ability to change orientation of relationship label (parallel, horizontal)
Aerospace, Government, Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/trakforvisio/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.