This is the Windows app named UWA ANDS VIVO Project whose latest release can be downloaded as subjectgroups-snapshot-2.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named UWA ANDS VIVO Project with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
UWA ANDS VIVO Project
This project is ANDS (Australian National Data Service) funded and aims to provide a mechanism for researchers within the University of Western Australia to upload research datasets to a central petastore. It also aims to publish metadata about the datasets to RDA (Research Data Australia) so that the datasets can be discovered (and potentially shared) by searching or browsing through the ANDS website.
In order to accomplish the above functionality, this project used the following open source code and customised it as necessary.
- Vivo (configured for UWA but no code changes)
- DSpace (significantly customised)
- iDrop upload tool (significantly customised)
- JDownloadManager (again, significantly customised)
The package in this SourceForge project contains our customised version of DSpace, iDrop and JDownloadManager.
In our solution iDrop and JDownload manager are modified to interface with DSpace and do not operate on their own.
For backend storage we are using iRods.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/uwaandsvivoproj/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.