This is the Windows app named Vanda Engine whose latest release can be downloaded as VandaEngine1.7.8-Setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Vanda Engine with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Vanda Engine is a free and open source 3D game engine for Windows. I'm developing this game engine for years to help the students and other enthusiast learn game engine programming and develop 3D games for free. While giant companies are building game engines with huge budget and a lot of manpower, I'm developing this free 3D game engine alone with no budget.
I have published step by step tutorials about Vanda Engine, 3D tools, and COLLADA format:
Please follow Vanda Engine on Facebook to be informed about what I'm doing:
Check out Vanda Engine website to see how Vanda Engine is getting work done:
It will be appreciated if you donate to this project so I can buy required software and books and hire people to produce free 2D and 3D assets and educational videos and tutorials for this game engine:
- Languages: Visual C++, MFC, Win32, OpenGL, GLSL, PhysX, OpenAL, Minizip, COLLADA DOM, Lua Scripting Language
- Importing Collada (dae) files
- Depth of Field, Cascaded Shadow Map, Bloom, Multisampling, Fog
- Normal Map, Gloss Map, Alpha Map, Parallax Map, DuDv Map
- Hardware occlusion culling, Level of detail (LOD),
- High quality water, 3D and ambient sounds, sky dome, point/directional/spot light
- Advanced physics collider generator
- Terrain generator
- For more information please visit https://vanda3d.org/features/
Win32 (MS Windows), Project is a 3D engine
C++, Lua, GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vandaengine/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.