This is the Windows app named VirtualGL whose latest release can be downloaded as VirtualGL-2.6.90.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VirtualGL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VirtualGL redirects 3D commands from a Unix/Linux OpenGL application onto a server-side GPU and converts the rendered 3D images into a video stream with which remote clients can interact to view and control the 3D application in real time.
- "Workstation-like" levels of performance (when used with a high-speed X proxy such as TurboVNC)
- Eliminates 3D data size as a barrier to performance
- Enables 3D session mobility and collaboration (when used with VNC or a similar X proxy)
- 50+ Megapixels/second on a 100 Megabit network (when used with TurboVNC)
- Quad-buffered stereo support (certain restrictions apply)
- Can be used with VizStack to remotely display parallel rendering jobs
- Can be used with VirtualBox or VMWare to remotely display Windows OpenGL apps
Aerospace, Information Technology, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Engineering
X Window System (X11), OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows), Project is a remote control application
Unix Shell, C++, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualgl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.