This is the Windows app named WSN Localisation to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as ns2_localisation.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WSN Localisation to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
WSN Localisation to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:This project presents an extension to ns-2, which enables a normal user, who has basic knowledge of ns-2, to simulate localization system within a wireless network. Moreover, this project would be beneficial to researchers who want to implement new or existing localisation algorithms and anyone new to ns-2 who wish to know more about how a simulation project is built and structured. , provide more details.
 A. M. Abu-Mahfouz and G. P. Hancke, GP., “ns-2 extension to simulate localization system in wireless sensor networks,” In Proceedings of the IEEE Africon 2011 conference, 13-15 September , Livingstone, Zambia, 2011, pp. 01-07.
 A. M. Abu-Mahfouz "Accurate and efficient localisation in wireless sensor networks using a best-reference selection," PhD thesis, 2011, http://upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/available/etd-10122011-124534/
For ns-2.34: download ns2_localisation.tar.gz
For ns-2.35: click on "Browse All Files" then read "readme.asn"
- New ns-2 users can also download "An Introduction to ns2_Adnan Abu-Mahfouz.pdf" file
Science/Research, Advanced End Users, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wsnlocalisation/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.