This is the Windows app named x3270 whose latest release can be downloaded as wc3270-4.0ga14-setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named x3270 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
x3270 is a suite of 3270 terminal emulation tools. x3270 is an interactive X11 client, c3270 is curses-based interactive client, and s3270 and tcl3270 are scripting tools for writing screen-scraping applications. wc3270 is the Windows console client and ws3270 is the Windows screen-scraping tool. Includes IND$FILE support, DBCS, and more.
For more information, please visit the x3720 Wiki at https://x3270.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page.
- Full 3278/3279/3287 TN3270E emulation
- Runs on Linux/Unix (GUI and console), Windows
- Full scripting API and screen-scraping support
- IND$FILE file transfer
- DBCS support for Chinese and Japanese
- SSL support
Government, Information Technology, Healthcare Industry, Telecommunications Industry, Developers, End Users/Desktop
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows), Non-interactive (Daemon), Console/Terminal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/x3270/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.