This is the Windows app named youtube-dlG whose latest release can be downloaded as youtube-dl-gui-0.4-win-setup.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named youtube-dlG with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A cross platform front-end GUI of the popular youtube-dl media downloader written in wxPython. Youtube-dl-gui uses youtube-dl in the backend to download files. Youtube-dl provides a list of extractors to work with each particular site. You can change the naming pattern by picking a different filename format under the Options>General tab. You can also use a custom pattern by setting the option to "Custom" and editing the output template field. You can change the number of max parallel downloads by editing the "workers_number" option in your settings.json file. You can add extra youtube-dl command line options in the commands box under the Options>Extra tab. You can use your own version of youtube-dl by editing the "youtubedl_path" option in your settings.json file and make it point to your own binary (e.g. /usr/local/bin).
- Written in wxPython
- FFmpeg optional, to post process video files
- GNU gettext required to build the package
- Install from source
- Uses youtube-dl in the backend to download files
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/youtube-dlg.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.