This is the Windows app named yq whose latest release can be downloaded as yq_windows_386.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named yq with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
yq is a portable and lightweight command-line YAML processor. It can be likened to projects like jq (a command-line JSON processor) or sed but for YAML files. yq is able to do quite a number of things. It can deep read a YAML file with a given path expression, deeply compare YAML files, update a YAML file given a path expression or script file, and so much more. It can also merge several YAML files while offering plenty of options for overriding and appending.
yq is written in portable Go, allowing you to download a binary that's free of dependencies.
- Written in portable Go
- Output colorization
- YAML file deep reading with a given path expression
- List matching paths of a given path expression
- Returning the lengths of arrays/object/scalars
- YAML file updating with a path expression or script file
- Creates any missing entries in the path on the fly
- Deeply compares YAML files
- Retains YAML formatting and comments during updates
- Validates YAML files
- Creates YAML file with a deep path and value or a script file
- Prefixes a path to a YAML file
- JSON to/from YAML conversion
- Pipe data in by using '-'
- Merge several YAML files with various options for overriding and appending
- Supports multiple documents in a single YAML file for reading, writing and merging
- General shell completion scripts (bash/zsh/fish/powershell)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yq-yq.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.