This is the Windows app named Pure-Tcl Interface to PostgreSQL whose latest release can be downloaded as pgintcl-3.5.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pure-Tcl Interface to PostgreSQL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Pure-Tcl Interface to PostgreSQL
pgintcl is a Tcl interface to the PostgreSQL database system, written entirely in Tcl. It is mostly compatible with other pgtcl implementations, especially pgtclng. It lacks asynchronous operations, and is somewhat slower, but it does not require any other libraries. (This project was on pgfoundry.org and its predecessor from Feb 2003 through Mar 2011.)
- Allows Tcl scripts to communicate with PostgreSQL database servers
- Written entirely in Tcl, so no need to get a compiled PostgreSQL library
- Allows Tcl/Tk applications to run out-of-the-box on any platform with Tcl
- Compatible subset of pgtclng commands, superset of original bundled Pgtcl
- Tested with Tcl-8.6, 8.5, and 8.4; PostgreSQL-9.6.x and 10.x
- Summary documentation included; for full documentation see pgtclng project
Other API, PostgreSQL (pgsql)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgintcl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.