This is the Windows app named opencpnplugins whose latest release can be downloaded as squiddio_pi-0.5-win32.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named opencpnplugins with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This project hosts various plugins for the OpenCPN chart plotter, which are not bundled with the core package.
OpenCPN is a free software (GPLv2) project to create a concise chart plotter and navigation software, for use underway or as a planning tool. OpenCPN is developed by a team of active sailors using real world conditions for program testing and refinement.
- World Magnetic Model - Magnetic variation computing and display
- Google Earth Integration
- Radar type display for AIS targets
- Weatherfax weather maps overlay over the charts
- Celestial navigation calcullations and plotting
- General purpose and boating specific calculator
- Search and rescue pattern generation
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows), Plugins, wxWidgets, GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opencpnplugins/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.