This is the Linux app named PetriNetExec: Java Embeddable Petri Nets whose latest release can be downloaded as PetriNetExec-0.1.3.77.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PetriNetExec: Java Embeddable Petri Nets with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PetriNetExec: Java Embeddable Petri Nets
Briefly said, PetriNetExec is an open-source Java library which allows you to embed Petri Nets into your Java application.
Using PetriNetExec you can define places and transitions, connect them using arcs and inhibitors, define the initial marking and then fire events and see how tokens flow into the network.
* PetriNetExec does not provide a GUI for editing the network nor will it provide in the near future. That is not really a feature :-) but to those of you able to cope with this news I suggest to read further;
* Petri Nets are created with PetriNetExec by writing Java code and using the provided API;
* PetriNetExec provides a simple yet powerful callback mechanism allowing you to actually do something when events are fired and the network status is changing.
* PetriNetExec is embeddable into your Java application. This means that you can build your own application and add Petri Nets into it.
* PetriNetExec is open-source.
Science/Research, Education, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/petrinetexec/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.