This is the Windows app named Network Emulator whose latest release can be downloaded as linux_microcore_VBox.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Network Emulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
I need your help: In order to make this framework easier and more useful, I need your contribution. The idea behind this framework is to develop a GUI like GNS3 and make this framework more stable. So if you are interested and have C/C++ programming skills, please contact me at [email protected]
This framework allows to emulate a network by managing ethernet packets coming from two kind of interfaces: UDP and virtual network card.
This tool is similare to dynamips (GNS3) but it can manager a higher packet rate.
It can help to study DDoS attacks based on Botnet using the Lightweigth C++ Virtual Machine (LwCVM) in order to emulate Bots.
This project is based on the following projects and libraries:
LightweighIP of the TCP/IP stack
libpcap for communication with virtual machines
Science/Research, Education, Security Professionals, Security
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/networkemulator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.